Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

cross sections

design-engine

Anyone know if Solidworks is going to switch from adding the cross section in the drawing to the ability to add the cross section to the part instead? I think the latest ansi14.5 states that all the information must be in the part not part and drawing.Show in drawing is okay but ... you know what I mean.

No, design-engine. I don't understand.
I don't know if I can help you as long I don't understand what you mean.
Try to explain better.

My English is not the best one, I knew.

Bart,

You already have this ability using the Section View command in modeling. After creating the section view you can save it as a model view or annotation section view that is displayed in the View Palatte tab of the Task Pane.

http://help.solidworks.com/2011/English/SolidWorks/sldworks/ LegacyHelp/Sldworks/Display/Section_Views_in_Models.htm

It does however force another view to be shown as parent in the View Palette and cannot be changed.

What Bart is talking about is ProE creates sections using a Datum Plane while in modeling and not by sketching the section line on the Drawing. In ProE Sections from the model can be selected when placing a view on drawing.

Michael

Edited by: mjcole_ptc

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back