Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cross Section Plane

hi,

i think there is no option to check the Datum plane, but u can set the visibility and check with all datum ON, so u can find out the one.

but always its good to rename the datum plane to the section name itself. to avoid confusions

I also think that there is no option in knowing the datum plane reference of a section but in my case, I always rename the datum plane with a same name of the section everytime i create a section to easily determine the reference plane of a section.

dpinho,

To find out which datum plane is used for a cross section, go into your view manager under the "X-sec" tab. Go down the list to the section you want to know which plane is used, and hover, with your mouse pointer, over that section label in the view manager. after a few seconds of hovering a tag should come upstating the datum plane used for creating that section.Hope this helps

DMT

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back