Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

cross section line thicker on extremities

ronfya

I would like to have my cross section lines thicker on the extremities than it is along most of the line.
How can I do this ?

The parameter "cutting_line_segment" of drawing options doesn't seem to be the appropriate one for this.

Thanks.

<h1>cutting_line</h1>
Controls the standard for the cutting line display.
<h2>Default and Available Settings </h2>
<ul><li ="kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Bulleted">
std_ansi*

Yes, I noticed that, and I can clearly see the color change (tried all values for cutting_line) of the thickned portion of the line BUT it does not appears to be thicker anyway, neither on the screen nor on a printed sheet. That's my problem
smiley6.gif

Edited by: ronfya

I tried to set up the pen table correctly but I don't know what pen is what. As afr as I understand, each pen is related to one color on the screen and so to one thickness. THe problem is that the geometry AND the cutting line of the cross sections are both displayed in white and thus they have the same thickness. This is OK for me EXCEPT for the cross section name (A or B for example) which is also very thick and tend to be not very readable. How do I keep the thickness of name of the cross section like other text on the sheet ?
I tried to change the color but unsuccessfully. Any ideas ? Thanks.

And also, in order to set up my pen table correctly, how do I know exactly what pen of the pen table is related to which on-screen color ?

To display cutting line in yellow (thin), set the line_style_standard to std_din.

Following is our pen mapping table:

! pen 1 for white (visible geometry, curve, quilts)
! pen 2 for yellow (dimension lines, leaders, axes and centerlines, balloons, x-hatching)
! pen 3 for gray (hidden geometry)
! pen 4 for red (spline surface grid)
! pen 5 for green (sheet metal color entities)
! pen 6 for cyan (sketcher section entities)
! pen 7 for dark gray (toggled sections, grayed dimensions and texts, dimmed tangent edges)
! pen 8 for blue (spline surface grid)
!

pen 1 thickness .05 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 2 thickness .015 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 3 pattern 0.3 0.3 cm; thickness .015 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 4 thickness .025 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 5 thickness .07 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 6 pattern 0.3 0.3 cm; thickness .010 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 7 thickness .010 cm; color 0 0 0
pen 8 thickness .010 cm; color 0 0 0

Name it <file_name>.pnt and in the plot window, set the path to the pen table. You could also put the option pen_table_file to *.pcf file to call the pen table everytime you need to plot.

I've set the line_style_standard to std_din and it changes all text to green EXCEPT the cross sections names !!!
smiley7.gif

And I tried also to change the cutting_line value but with no success.

For the pen table, you write for instance
! pen 2 for yellow (dimension lines, leaders, axes and centerlines, balloons, x-hatching)
--> this line is a comment so "yellow" here is an information to the user

--> so my question is : in this line how ProE knows that pen 2 is related to yellow (since you wrote color 0 0 0 for each pen)

Yes, the downside of the line_style_standard std_din option is that all the text is green, but it is plotted as yellow (thin).

As for the pen table, at the beginning there are comments to the pen mappings (so I know which pen is mapped to what). Pen numbers are mapped to predefined colors by default (e.g. pen 1 is visible geometry, pen 2 are dimension lines, etc.), but you can change that with pen mapping. In my case dimension lines are mapped to pen 2 and pen 2 has properties set in the line:

and that properties refer to plotter.

As far as I know pen 2 is given black color, so the plotted lines (with pen 2) are black, but the width is defined with the thickness property.

just wondering...

what effect does the config.pro settings for pen(X)_line_weight (1-16) have on this?
or is that only for a specific kind of printer?

thanks,

M

Well OK but this doesn't solve my problem at all. The cutting sections name (letters A, B, ... ) being always white, they print with the pen 1 size (the same as the geometry) which is a thick one.

Another thing.
The green text is printed in green ...
How is it that in the default configuration the yellow on-screen text is printed in black as the geometry is also (white on-screen text) ?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back