Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cross section in assembly

Monrad

Hi..<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I want to make a cross section in an assembly which only intersect one member/part and not the whole assembly! How do I do that?
smiley18.gif

I'm using Pro E wildfire 2.0

Cheers

Sorry i am in different mood.

select the hatching RMB properties go to pick xsec abd select the part for which you dont want hatching then pick excl comp.

ups maybe i'm inthe wrong topic..

I don't want it to be shown in the drawing, only in the assembly..
Edited by: Monrad

ok.. That was what I was afraid off.. A swept cutworks fine but i don't get the hatching as I want to.. I know i can make that with the cosmetic sketch but i just hoped i could do it with the cross section.. Hmm to bad.. But thx for replying!

Use the View Manager Tool.

This will allow you to create a X-sec that is vissible in assembly mode by right clicking and Set visible. You should be able to edit the Hatching with Redefine and exclude components from displaying hatching.

Michael

Like the others before me said: it's not possible, in WF2 at least, to achive that with x-section. An assembly cut will work and you just select the parts which to intersect with the cut. Then makea sketch with use edge andhatch it.

View attachment 4210

But it will be too muchtrouble to make sketches and hatch them.

Just an assembly cut I think will do just fine:

View attachment 4211

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back