Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

cross-section-delete-problem

Baji

Hi,

Some time cross-section problem in model,For example,cross-section failed to redefine for some reason i.e missing ref..etc.In this case cant redefine and delete the cross-section?

How to remove the cross-section?Not shown in cross-section listbut it shown inmodel list?

You are right baji,
i'm also having that same problem, it happens only on offset x-section.Sketch section fails while redefining the part.
smiley19.gif

Edited by: janesh

hi baji & janesh

while creating a offset x-section create a curve first according to ur requirement

& then go to x-section-offset-sketch(while selecting the plane dont select surface or face of a extracted part, select datum plane) then by use edge create section.

the advantage of this is dat is any ref. is missing u just update the curve & section will be updated.

i think dat gona help try this.
smiley2.gif

guys remeber that it should always be possible to delete cross section until it is not used in drawing. So first You have to remove, such X-sec from drawing views, then it is possible in model. The same with datum basis.

Muadib3d is right. In fact if you RMB on the sect. view name in the properties menumang.You will see if is in use or not by allowing you to delete it.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back