Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Cross hatching a Datum Sketch

jstiles

Using WF 3...

My company has been using cosmetic sketches w/ cross hatching to denote areas to be masked but as well all know, cosmetic sketches show thru everything so I thought about using datum sketches instead. Is there a way to hatch a datum sketch in a drawingwithout having to create a sketch in the drawing to hatch?

You can copy your datum sketch entities using "Use Edge" function which you will find in drawing's draft functions. And then select these draft entities and fill in it with hatch.

Ali

Complete the definition of the sketch first. Once the sketch is in the model tree you can select it and RMB>Edit Definition. In the sketcher environment select Sketch>Sketch Setup then select the properties tab to define the X-Hatch and Spacing.

kdem said:
Complete the definition of the sketch first. Once the sketch is in the model tree you can select it and RMB>Edit Definition. In the sketcher environment select Sketch>Sketch Setup then select the properties tab to define the X-Hatch and Spacing.

Thanks for the replies. This technique works great. I made the x-hatch value (in the model) large so that it won't showand then changed the spacing in the drawing to get it to show. Works perfectly.

jstiles said:
kdem said:

Thanks for the replies. This technique works great. I made the x-hatch value (in the model) large so that it won't showand then changed the spacing in the drawing to get it to show. Works perfectly.
I guess this option does not work on WF2. please tell me i am wrong.

as i am still on WF2 and i am not getting this option is sketcher environment. and this option will me very useful to me too.
smiley19.gif

This topic has drawn attention to the requirements in Engineering Drawings highlighting specific regions on our part with hatch lines designating areas for some special treatment or process during manufacturing,This objective can be achieved utilizing the below steps
<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

1. <LI =Msonormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt; mso-list: l0 level1 lfo1; tab-stops: list .5in">Utilize the

In WF2 you get access to it outside of the sketcher environement. Once the sketch is created select it in the model tree, RMB, Edit Definition. Select the Properties tab on the Sketch dialog box.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back