Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo Parametric, sketch extrusion problem

I tried to recreate this, but was unable. It may be a graphical bug. Could you upload the part with the extrusion completed?

As far as I can tell, it's just a graphics thing. There doesn't seem to be a surface there, or anything selectable. If i extrude off the top of the inner ring, the ghost "surface" disappears. Same if i extrude cut such that the inner hollow has a hole to the outside. It's not causing any problems with quilts or solidify. After changing my template, I could still sketch a new part that did not have the issue. But I couldn't make your part display properly. Here's one of mine that worked. Does it display right for you?

2011-07-06_113429_sketch_2.prt.zip

Atropos89 said:
After changing my template, I could still sketch a new part that did not have the issue. But I couldn't make your part display properly. Here's one of mine that worked. Does it display right for you?

Yes your part displays right here, I'm puzzled, I noticed the bug after opening a WF5.0 file, then reproduced it with Creo 1.0... But you can see the "fake" surface too, so it's not a problem of my installation/workstation. I'd like to know where it comes from, maybe it's the template, who knows... Thank you for your time anyway :)

Paolo

You're welcome. I tried one more thing - exporting to IGES. The fake surface doesn't make it through the export, so I'm guessing purely graphical. Good find though!

I just had this same issue on a simple rectangular extruded
cut. This is annoying.
I have logged a new case with PTC about this...hopefully
they will fix it in the next release.

heard back from PTC on this.

they will be fixing this in the M020 release of Creo, which
is due for release around end of September.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back