Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo 2.0

design-engine

Ive been teaching my latest surfacing class this week in creo 2.0 and have noticed a few problems.

Ive also noticed that several problems I like to point out using WF5.0 and previous have been fixed in Creo... like being able to sweep around a non tangent trajectory w/o going to options. For that - Good job!

The problem tho...

The swept blend tool has problems letting me insert a second selected sketch.

Also when creating a VSS using trajpar blending a strait line varying the angle using the equation sd6=evalgraph('BART1',trajpar*100) where the angle is sd6 in both does not work in both Creo 1.0 and Creo 2.0

Just curious if anyone else was able to duplicate the trajpar not working.\

I tried the wave washer ... the trajpar that does not require a graph feature and that does not work either.
Edited by: design-engine

Someone should tell PTC that a non Variable VSS is a
sweep and should give options for extension of geometry
to next for the sweep feature. Did they at least Creonize
the basic sweep yet or do we have to wait for a new name
change.

Please take Menu Manager off life support "Pull The Plug"
and update your interface in a more efficient manner.

One of the best things about Pro/E is they allow you to
create your own icons for iconless functions so you don't
have to wait for PTC to take 3years to make them.

I guess the Granite Kernal doesn't like having to count
from 0-1 when producing features.

Michael

I fetched and played with Creo 2.0 couple of minutes - did not notice any "Revolution" but some cute details seem to be intresting enough to mention here about them:

*anti - aliasing - at last, available from Configuration panel

View attachment 5647

*new measuring tool - well, this so far is on my second place of things I like most about Creo 2.0

View attachment 5648

* Dynamic section tool in View Panel - AT LAST!!!
smiley1.gif

View attachment 5649

So RSS stands for Regular Section Sweep :)
Looking for my VSS Feeds.

Thanks for the images Muadib3d
Is [X] icon on measure tool for Bounding Box?

Michael

mjcole_ptc said:
Thanks for the images Muadib3d

Is [X] icon on measure tool for Bounding Box?

Michael

"Bounding Box" - and what is that?

[X] is up to measure the area of indicated surface(s)

I haven`t noticed drawing change much

Ok I've at last had some time to play with Creo 2.0... One thing I'd like to ask: is it not possible to have both reflections AND edge lines turned on? from this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I69MS0vOXbo&feature=youtu be_gdata it looks like at a certain point the model has both reflections and edges, like it used to be in WF4.0 and probably WF5.0 too, can't replicate it in my Creo installation though :/ Maybe a video card issue?

Paolo

all good stuff.

We are having a Creo 2.0 user meeting next Tuesday in our Chicago studio.We have been talking about doing it the fourth Tuesday of every month. We were thinking to keep it casual maybe prepare well, do two presentations then let everyone show each other what they've learned that month. Since there are so many product development companies downtown here I suppose it could be heavy turnout of product design folks.

Any thoughts on topics besides the usual freestyle surfacing?I made notes from this blog post already.

I was thinking one theme could be 'how you solved problems using Pro/ENGINEER'

Was thinking we would probably try to steam the event live.
Edited by: design-engine

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back