Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creo 2.0 sketcher aspect ratio

willem75

All,

I have just moved to Creo 2.0(from WF 2.0)and think it's a huge leap forward, really like it.

While creating sketches, I usually draw at random scale and just ensure the shape is roughly correct(as I'm sure we all do), however to move the to appropriate size I begin changing dimensions 1 by 1. This causes me great pain as the automatic regen can distort my shapes before I've modified all the dimensions to the appropriate size.

Can you tell me how(I'm sure I watched a tutorial a few weeks ago but cannot remember how) to adjust the overall shape scale in one dimensional change without losing the shape intent in the process(maybe lock aspect ratio of dimensions temporarily)?

Will

box select all dimensions in sketch, select "modify" from ribbon, (use creo search bar, if you cant find it), check "lock scale", then change the desired dimension.

Edited by: solidworm

One of the things my company did was to add a sketch int the start part that is nothing more than a circle of diameter 1 inch. we don't work on really large parts so this fits perfectly since most parts are 1" to 6" in size with a few getting up to 12" in size.

we hide this sketch on the start part but then when we make a new part, any new sketch is already set to be based on smaller dimensions since that first sketch is only 1" in diameter. saves having to always deal with aspect ratio changes when you change a dimension from 100 down to 5 and watch all other entities move accordingly.

I kinda do the same thing, but within sketcher. I create a circle, dimension it to 1" dia, zoom to fit and then delete the circle.If the part you are drawing is larger, make the circle larger.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back