Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating ref. circle for circular pattern

ryanhaar

I need to know how to make a circular refference for a circular pattern of holes. In other words I would like to know how to show the center circle which passes through a pattern of holes. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, ryan

If you created axis pattern, pitch circle won't be shown on the drawing. Instead, Pro/E shows linear axis of the holes. To show pitch circle, you have to create dimension or direction pattern.

If you just need to show circle to dimension it on the drawing, one solution is sketch with reference to the hole center and pitch circle center, the other is to create smaller hole in the center of the desired hole, create reference patternand then show dimension of that pattern on the drawing (this way you have two shown dimensions for virtually the same hole).

pls refer to my question showing pcd on earlier pages

set radial_pattern_axes_circle to yes

edit the pattern, above the axis toolbar in the dim to vary option set angular ref w.r.t toa plane as 0.0 and pitch circle is shown in the drw remove this and the pcd hole is removed

Hi. I am not sure if it is a similar problem.
I need to create a pattern of holes on a sphere. The holes
should have the axis toward the sphere center. I can not
create a pattern in 2 directions using 2 rotation axis.
Someone knows how to do it?

Alcol said:
Hi. I am not sure if it is a similar problem.

I need to create a pattern of holes on a sphere. The holes

should have the axis toward the sphere center. I can not

create a pattern in 2 directions using 2 rotation axis.

Someone knows how to do it?

You basically have to pattern a pattern that's in a group. It's much easier to show than explain.

Here is a 3.5 minute video detailing how to do that.

[url]http://santangelo-eng.com/proe_tuts/sphere_points_pattern.sw f[/url] (24 MB)

Right click and "Save Target As..." to save to your local computer for future reference.

That should get you going in the right direction.

To have the circular centerline show on a drawing first you have to have created either a radial or circular located hole in the part.

Then in your drawing options file you need to set the parameter radial_pattern_axis_circle to YES.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back