Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating Color parameter

dannerj

I'm hoping someone can help here. I'm not sure the best
way to explain this, so bear with me. I have 4 parts,
all the same dimensionally, only difference is the
color. Let's just say I have a Black, Red, Blue, and
Green part. I'd like to create a family table due to
other factors, and just have the color change. Is this
possible?

Thanks in advance.
Edited by: dannerj

I think I tried to do this some years back to no success. You can change out colors using a spool file on wire colors but not parts.Maybe there is a workaround?

Workaround
Offset surface of the whole part by let say .001, add color to this surface and than use surface as a feature in family table. Create as many offset surfaces as colors needed.
Darek

wow, never thought of that, havetried to do a colour parameter before without sucess.

did read about how to docolour parameter oncesomewhere but it wasnt with offset surfs.

anybody else got another way?

If you are working in surfaces, just before you solidify your quilt you can make copies of it, make each quilt a different color, solidify each copy and then use the solidify feature as columns in the family table. If the part is the default color the instances will have the color of the quilt they were solidified from.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back