Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating asm files inot single step file

rajnik8888

Dear All

I have problem of creating a step file in which whole assemly has to be a single part or component., My customer should not oppen any componenet individiually.

Presentlly when i am exporting any asembly file into step file, and then i am open the step file but its model tree is able to see and i can open the component individually, theat thing i dont want.

Please give suitable solution/trics in this regards

thanks

Rajnikumar

Rolta india ltd

The way I have gotten around this is to first save the assembly as a shrinkwrap, then save the shrinkwrap as a step file.

If you output as iges there is an option in the bottom pulldown menu to output as flat. This will do what you are looking for.

Krow72

Also, in the shrinkwrap process I believe there is an option for "Merged Solid" which saves off the assembly as a single part. Open that file and "Save As" STEP, IGES or whatever.

If my understanding is correct you need your assembly file to be converted into a single part file.

try to check this out.....

1) From your assembly file save the file as iges

2) In Export IGES window, check surface, check Datum Curves and Points, Export cable surface (if youuse cabling in your assy)

3) In Export IGES window, File structure set it as flat, then select OK

4) Iges file has been created

5) Open the Iges file as part file

6) Then save it again... Now it is just a single part

* But take note of this "NOTICE THAT ITS FILE SIZE BECOMES LARGER"

But as an Engineer we are never run out of ways.. Send it by ZIP file... Haha

Hope it helps

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back