Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Creating a relation between an offset mate and a slider constraint?

EDMKT

Hi everyone,

I've found the forums here really useful for answering all my questions PRO/E related in the past and was hoping you guys could help me figure out how to do the following:

I have an assembly put together that includes a part with a slider constraint. I can drag the slider part along its translational axis perfectly but there's another part in the assembly that needs to match its movement by 1/2. That is, I want to be able to drag the slider part and have another part move 1/2 as far in the same direction. I've tried using relations but haven't been able to get anything to work yet. Is this possible in PRO/E?

Running CREO PRO/E WF4.

Thanks,
Eric

when you place your parts in the assembly, create a datum plane for each of the two parts. one would be the datum your first part is attached to so you adjust that datum offset to move your whole thing. then, with the second part, create an offset datum relative to the same reference as your original but set an relation up to control that datum movement to only be 1/2 of the original datum's movement.

haven't actually tried it but it seems like it should do the trick.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back