Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Correct dimensioning for creating pattern

cityjack

Afternoon all,

I am doing a very simple sweep that I want to pattern. I sketch the trajectory, basically the letter U, on a datum plane that I created on the fly within this swept feature. I constrained the "on the fly" datum thru an axis that I put in the model a feature or two before just so I had something to put my angled datum thru. So my sketching plane is thru an axis that is not part of the swept feature and at an angle to one of the default datum planes. The problem for me is the dimensions I need to drive my pattern are within the offset axis I put in that the sketching plane goes thru. As you know, the driving dimensions for pattern creation that show up are only the dims that are part of the feature you are trying to pattern. I need the dims that are in the x-axis and the y-axis of the axis I created for my sketching plane to go thru. Is there any way to add dims within the collector or anyway to add them to the pattern creator if they are NOT part of the feature you are trying to pattern. I hope all of my babble makes sense.

Thanks all for any input.

Sid

If I understood your babbling
smiley36.gif
correclty, you should either group the datum plane that is sketching plane and the sweep (sketch) and then pattern the group - this way also driving angle for the plane will show up in the collector - or you first pattern datum plane and then reference pattern the sweep.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back