Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Corner relifs again,

Niceonetidy

I see several posts of corner relif problems. I have tried to make a folded tray with all corner flanges facing up. I find the Rip command produces a poor result, trying the relif options makes the edge flage dissapear. Can someone help with this please. In one instance I have the flange shown, but the outside corner is square rather than radiused?

Maybe it is better to start with a solid, then convert it?

Any help appreciated please,

Thanks

Edited by: Niceonetidy

Much of what we do involves radiused corners on sheet metal parts and I have found it easier to start with a solid and shell it. This is the best way I have found to show the finished product. To get the flat state either surface rips in the radiused corners or regular rips might do the job, yuou will need to work with your shop to ensure any flat patterns you use are correct for the tooling used.

Hello,

Thank you for the information. I have since done some trials and tend to agree. I ahve been using Solidworks for 3 years and have only just come back to Pro, SWorks is better for sheet!

Thanks

Colin

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back