Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Copying tables

jhyder79

The company I work for has just switched from Pro/E 2001 to Pro/E WF2 and I'm still trying to learn it...

One of the things I use to do quite often in 2001 was to copy tables
from one drawing to another. I use to do this by hitting ctrl+C and
highlighting the table in one drawing and then hitting ctrl-V in the
other drawing to past the table. This doesn't work at all in WF2 and I
have been digging through menus for an hour now trying to figure out
how to do this. Can someone please tell me how to easily copy a table
from one drawing to another?

it does work

do this

highlight view text lines etc....... right click copy click off

go to new sheet or new drawing

edit paste then if you want what u have in same place use absolute coordinates at 0,0 0,0

i have created my self a mapkey for doing this very handy should be a standard

while i am at i also want the rectangle tool in drawing mode
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
smiley7.gif
not just sketcher or am i the only 1 who thinks he needs it

i didnt know that srinivas raj

thanks for the info

at that point you could convert to draft entities and copy it over

"if it had to be done"

I found it is much easier to save the table. Here is what I would do, highlight the table, got to table, save table, as table file. Give it a name, and now it saved in your working directory. However, where I work I have lots of different tables, so I created a folder called tables, and placed them all there. Then I created a mapkey that will insert table, from file, browse favorites, select tables, select appropriate table, and then insert. This is very fast if your mapkey sequence is something like xx, or ww.

As is the case with Pro/E there are many ways of doing things. Another way that may be helpful for transferring tables if multiple sessions are going, especially if you have more than one table in a drawing is insert>shared data>from file. It will insert all the sheets from the selected drawing into the current drawing. Copy what you want than delete sheets.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

I do agree with bones... I would definitely save to file before convert entities!!!

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back