Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Copying NC Sequences the easier way?

marker4x4

Hiall,

I wonder what's your way of copying NC Sequences, There's the "old" way:

Machining->Utilities->Copy->Same Refs/Select NCSequence->Accept, ... Accept, done. Click intensive, but works.

Then there's "new way":

Copy->Paste in the tree.

Good idea in theory, butProE asks me to go through each and every bloody reference (Skip, Skip, Skip,...) and it takes forever.

Ideally I should be able to select Same Refs (just like the old way) thus combine old and new elegantly, but there's nothing like that...

Any advice welcomed. Thanks!
Edited by: marker4x4

I have nothing for you, just wanted to add to your observation. Copy drives me nuts! I can't believe that they refined the new way to ADD many more mouse clicks.

I thought the new WF way was supposed to eliminate clicks but I guess here is another example of people designing software that don't use it.

I found this little 'bug' the first time I used WF.

If you have a solid import model and it is used as a check surface (use part) then you have to acknowledge every surface in the solid model! Yea - that's faster... :)

I have got into the habit of removing my reference part from the check surfaces first then doing a copy of the sequence and then going back and redefining the parent sequence to include the model again. Yep - can see how that is faster...

dear Friend,

you can copy the NC sequence as easy way.

go to process manager, select which seq has to be copied, right click, select copy, same time right click, paste. edit any parameter in the copied sequence.

now copied sequence you can see your model tree.

you should edit some parameter in copied sequence.then only you will get that seq in model tree.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back