Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Convert to AutoCad

valachira

I want to convert a proe wildfire 2 drawing to autocad .dwg format.when
i convert it and when i open it in autocad the drawing is not in scale.

please help me

Hi Valachira,

I am a pro-e noob so I apologise if I offend you with this basic explanation hehe. I encountered this the other day, I find the detailing in pro-e very long winded so I also import drawings into autocad when I need to.

I tend to save them as DWG files and select release 14, I leave all the options as default. When it comes to scale, you have to make sure the Pro-e drawing is scaled 1:1, otherwise it will import into autocad at whatever scale your pro-e drawing is.

To explain simply, a pro-e drawing scaled at 2:1 will import into autocad at 2:1 rather than using the 1:1 scale of the model

Hope that helps.

valachira said:
I want to convert a proe wildfire 2 drawing to autocad .dwg format.when
i convert it and when i open it in autocad the drawing is not in scale.
please help me

Not in scale?? meaning twice or half the size? or converted to inches or metric? Can u pls. explain a bit more?
Make sure the units are set as the same in both though.

In WF2 if config setting DXF_OUT_SCALE_VIEWS is set to yes, then when a DWG or DXF file type are saved it will be saved in a 1:1 scale no matter what the pro/e drawing scale is.

Thedrawing formatwill be normally 1:1.All the views and geometry will be at whatever scale you've utilized on the draft.

If you use the config option stated above, it will scale the DXF to the scale of your first view (I think).
Edited by: mfitch

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back