Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Convert a radial dim to a diameter

marlon494

I have created a simple bracket, and I am trying to show the dimensions of the holes. For some reason, ProE REALLY wants to show them as a radius dimension instead of a diametrical dimension. Does anyone know how I can change this???

Thanks,

View attachment 2967

I think you created dimensions on the drawing instead of showing the dimensions created with your sketch. You should show the dimensions from the model (in my opinion, there are those who disagree). If you need to used created dimensions, diameter dimensions are craeated by clicking twice on the circle (both in the drawing and in the sketch). By default the intent manager creates diameter dimensions for full circles and radius dimensions for partial arcs.

Well, nevermind. I figured it out. I spent HOURS trying to figure it out, but had it 5 minutes after I posted the question... go figure.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back