Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

convert a .jpg to a drawing

jmything

Does anybody know if there is a way to convert a .jpg to a drawing symbol? I want to take my company logo in a .jpg format and convert it for use in drawings.

Thanks

There are several way to do that.

I think that Adobe Ilustrator (or InDesing, I'm not sure which one) can convert jpg. do dxf, and then you can use it in drawing for logo.
But to convert picture to dxf it must be in vector mode, not in bitmap. To do so, you must sketch in Ilustrator curves over jpg image to create vector.

simplest way is to import image into proe, in part, sketch there curves of logo, and write text (if you need additional font, just point Pro_font_dir in config.pro options to path to your C:\Windows\Fonts) and crate logo part.
Then you can manipulate it in way you want.

A few years ago I did exactly this. I managed to find a trial version of a program that would convert a raster format file (jpg, bmp etc) into vector (dxf). I could then place the dxf in my drawing and create a symbol from it. Can't remember the name of the program I used - itwas a several years ago. A Google search should show up something.

why not just import the logo in bitmap format and add to your template file. that way every drawing has it upon opening.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back