Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Controlling Multiple Mechanism Movement

78finn

I have a model with a number of different mechanisms associated with it.

When I move / activate some of the mechanisms they have an affect on some of the other mechanisms. This is obviously intended, but becomes frustrating when just trying to move / evaluate one of the mechanisms in isolation i.e. the model becomes ungainly and tricky to control.

However, it would be nice to be able to 'lock' or 'freeze' some of the mechanisms present in the assembly whilst I work and consider others.

Is this possible and if so where and how do I go about accessing these settings?

Any help would be very much appreciated!

in 'drag' dialog box, next to snapshots there is a constrains tab. In there there is a body-body lock constraint, where you can select 2 or more components to lock. You can then toggle between locked or free.

Thanks Jay...much appreciated!

in 'drag' dialog box, next to snapshots there is a constrains tab. In there there is a body-body lock constraint, where you can select 2 or more components to lock. You can then toggle between locked or free.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back