Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Controling repeat region dimensions....

dooghspuno

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to show "limit dimensions" in a repeat region driven table? All I can get to show in the table is the mean dimensions. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Doug

as far as I know you can add the limit dimensions to the family table, just click on the limits. And they will be added to the family table.

Vlad,

Are you talking in the dimension properties... set it to limits? If so that is what I have done, and I still only have the mean dimension in my table. Is there possibly a config setting for this?

Doug

yes, in model set the dimension propertiesto limits, then go to family table, insert a new column / dimension and click on the limit dimensions, and they will be added to the family table as separate columns.

View attachment 3576

See above....In the dimension properties dialog box if you use "@S" in place of your dimensionPro-e will display your dimension name (in this case "D") instead of the dimension itself. This is handy when your doing a tabulated table on a drawing, I have a column "D" on my drawing (table) which covers 15 different dimensions/parts.The problem is when the information populates the table, only the mean dimension comes into the table even though I have "limits" set in thedimension properties. Does that clear up what I'm trying to accomplish? Any help would be appreciated!

Here's PTC answer....

There is no current, direct functionality in Pro/ENGINEER to display/control Limit tolerances of in a 2D repeat region on a drawing of the model. Please refer to the Alternate Technique below for a noted technique to get these results.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

TPI 123115

Alternate Technique

With the tolerance mode of the dimension set to Plus-Minus (as opposed to Limits), however, the upper and lower tolerance modifiers can be added to the family table. To show the Limit-style values in the family table (and ultimately, the 2D repeat region), first set the tolerance mode of the dimension to Plus-Minus. Next, create two relations as follows:
<param1>=d#+tp#
<param2>=d#-tm#
where "#" is the symbol number of the dimension (click #Info, #Switch Dimensions while the dimension is viewed on screen to see the symbol). The dimension, d#, can be actively varied in the family table and the parameters, <param1> and <param2>, can be shown in the family table or called out in the repeat region.

Thanks for your efforts Vlad!

The method you found is OK. But... actually what I was talking about was to put the tolerances directly in family table, without parameters.

View attachment 3581

That's why I said just click on the limits. And yes it has to do with the fact you are putting S (to show the symbol) that way you don't see the tolerances and you can't select them.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back