Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Control hatching: X-sectional views

LOOregano

Is it possible to migrate the cross-hatchings usedin a drawing to the actual assembly...all while keeping it saved in the assembly and not the individual parts.

I am tired of making a x-sectional view on a drawing look nice then have to rotate the view or create another view and have to redo it also. I know I could create it in the assembly, just like in the drawing, but since I am not usually the originator of the model/drawing, that means I would have to redo each hatching entirely (Even for small asms of 5-10 pieces this is very tedious to do often).

Summary: I would like to make the hatching on one view in the drawing and then tell proe to remember this setting, and to apply it to all other views for this assembly (and apply it for itself if I change the viewing angle on the same view).

Any Ideas? This has been very frustraiting
smiley19.gif
, and a lot of time is lost redoing simple tasks because of simple engineering/view changes.

Thank you

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back