Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

configuration manager vs property manager

skan

Hello

Could anybody explain me the difference between the "configuration manager" and the "property manager", please?
When should I use one and when the other?
I've read it but it seems almost the same for me.

The Property Manager sets name and number properties for a part.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

The Configuration Manager allows multiple configurations of a part, these can have many differences in each part. (i.e. number and location of holes, sizes, type of feature in model.)This is because each configuration can have some features in the feature tree suppressed and others not. The end configuration part can look entirely differentfrom the parent part. This is quite useful when making master parts with many configurations. You can also use this feature in assemblies to make various assemblies.

Technically speaking, yes. Just as a butter knife can be used as a screw driver. I'd rather use the correct tool for the job. You'll always know how the tool will perform and what to expect from it.

smiley2.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back