Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Config win config pro(wf4)

sgokben

Dear all,
1-There are three con fig files in different places in my working file.I think that this is the reason why I cant keep the commands on commands area
2-When I open pro e a trail.txt file opens on desktop.Are these files a must. Can I change their direction?
Best regards and thanks.

Right click on the icon that you start ProE. Now click on properties and look in the box "start in". That is the directory that should contain the config.pro file that starts ProE. Any changes that you make to the config.pro file should always be saved in that directory. Now the next time you start ProE the changes will take effect.<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />

You can change the directory in the start icon to a folder that you want to use.

Dear Jerry3672,
Many many thanks.In properties the file name is "config" but in pro engineer it is"config.win".Is this normal?
Besides I would be greatful if you please write something about my second question
(2-When I open pro e a trail.txt file opens on desktop.Are these files a must. Can I change their direction?)
Best regards

Oh. I see now- WF4 and not Creo.

Okay, the config.win file is where your defsult screen settings are found. If you change your tool bar under the Tools-customize screen option from the tool bar you will need to save the config.win file in the starting directory.

The config.pro file is the one that is found when you click on tools-options from the tool bar. In the options box type in trail_dir. On the right you can now asign a directory to store all of the trail files. You must now save the config.pro in the starting directory.

These options are greatly improved in Creo. Talk to your sales rep about an upgrade.

The trail files are a text copy of the commands you use while in Pro-e. If you have a failure and pro-e crashes you can use the trail files to try and get back the work you lost. These files show up in your startup directory. You can purge them out as needed.These files are not a must but pro-e creates them every time you start. Just purge regularly.

Some other info ...

Pro/E will read in Config.win (windows configuration) &
config.pro (system options) files automatically from the
following places, in this order:

- The 'text' subdirectory where Pro/E is isntalled
- The user's 'home' directory as defined by Windows
- The 'start up' directory, as defined by the icon used
to launch Pro/E, as discussed above.

I'd recommend setting up a configuration folder someplace
where you want to keep your config files and then set
that as your 'start in'. Don't store any of your actual
work there, however.