Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

config.pro

Indusign

This might maybe not be the exact section to put this in, sorry.

Is there somewhere a list of ALL variables/options that can be set in the config. pro file?
The problem is that in the help files, all those options are scatterd all over the topics.
Just a few examples, in WF4,
when making a projection view, it comes up in shaded mode (follow environment), can't set off the shaded lode options in the config files as we do want to generate shaded 3D views.
Somewhere there must be rules to put in the config file to make new views come up as "no hidden" and with tangent edges "dimmed".
when opening an assy from a drawing, proE opens a dialogue box "open rep": can't this just be skipped and open the master rep directly ?

I'm guessing that such a list would be welcome to many here.

Edited by: Indusign

In drawing setup .dtl file

Add the following for new views

model_display_for_new_views no_hidden
tan_edge_display_for_new_views tan_dimmed

thanks for the reply, will have a look at those +/-1895 possible options
smiley5.gif

I have a config.pro and a drawing set up file that are just PERFECT. I can send them to you if you like. We draw in 1st angle projection so you would need to change this setting if you use otherwise. I would'n tadvise adding all 1900 options to your config as this may affect the performace of Pro/E.

Indusign said:
when opening an assy from a drawing, proE opens a dialogue box "open rep": can't this just be skipped and open the master rep directly ?

Set the config.pro option:

open_simplified_rep_by_default no

Hope this helps.

Will need some time to figure out what all the possible options are, but we will find our way though them.
smiley18.gif

@ pjw feel free to email your config file to [email protected]
always good to have something to compare with.

@ all the rest, thanks for the input, and no, I won't put all options in to the config, only those that needs changing
smiley4.gif

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back