Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Config.pro setting in Creo 2

Volunteer

Super Moderator
How can I get Pro/E to recognize the setting that lets you pick show/erase dimensions with a default of pick to keep instead of pick to remove? I have changed the setting show_preview_default to keep in my local config.pro but it doesn't change it from pick dimension to remove.

Select your view prior to showing the dims. This will show them all, then deselect them, they will remain visible to then pick to keep.

1. Click Tools ▶ Customize Screen. The Customize dialog box opens. The Commands tabbed page is displayed by default.
Note
You can use the Customize dialog box to copy, delete, or edit button images. You can also reset a button image to its original state and set the display of menu bar or toolbar commands as text only, image only, or text with image. You cannot modify the appearance of a Menu Manager command.
2. Under Categories, select Mapkeys.
3. In the Mapkeys area, select a specific button and click Modify Selection. Select from the following options:
• Delete—Delete the selected button.
• Copy Button Image—Copy the image of the selected button to the clipboard.
• Paste Button Image—Paste a copied button image on the selected button.
• Reset Button Image—Reset the selected button to its original image.
• Choose Button Image—Open the Pick Mapkey Icon dialog box to choose from a set of created images.
• Edit Button Image—Open the Button Editor dialog box to edit the pixels in the image on the selected button.
• Text Only—Display text only on the selected button.
• Image and Text—Display image and text on the selected button.
• Image Only—Display the image only on the selected button (the default).

You can also select a system-supplied command and click Modify Selection. In this case, the only available option is Copy Button Image.
4. Click OK.

I just realized those commands are for Pre-Creo. Nice of PTC to keep the help documentation updated.

For Creo 2.0:
1. From Customize the ribbon with Main Tabs menu is activated create a New Tab or a New Group
2. Click Add>> button to move Mapkey icon from left to right
3. Once moved click the Mapkey and Modify button and user will be able to Copy/Paste/Edit.

You can right click on the mapkey when it is in the left column and you get a context menu that only has Copy Button Image. There is an enhancement SPR currently in the works to add Paste and Edit to it. But, it will probably end up in the black hole of enhancement requests like they all seem to.

Ubetcha! It amazes me that things like this really show the incompletion of Creo. It just seems like an odd place for it as well.

I've been on Creo 2 for about a week (no training) and so far I haven't seen anything that I thought was Wow!!. It seems they have just moved stuff around.

show_preview_default
It determines the default behavior for preview in the Show/Erase dialog.
Default and Available Settings
• remove*—Sets the default to be Sel to Remove.
• keep—Sets the default to be Sel to Keep.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back