Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

config file confusion

daver

hi there

i am currently setting company standards for Pro/E and have been reading lots of very helpful info on config files (.pro .win .sup ...) none of which are in the C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 2.0\text folder.

the only config.pro files i can find are in :-

C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 2.0\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_elev

C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 2.0\jlink\jlink_appls\jlink_param

and they're both the same

DISPLAY SHADE

DATUM_DISPLAY NO

AXIS_DISPLAY NO

DATUM_POINT_DISPLAY NO

DATUM_POINT_TAG_DISPLAY NO

SPIN_CENTER_DISPLAY NO

DISPLAY_COORDINATE_SYS NO

TOL_DISPLAY NO

very basic as you can see

but in

C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 2.0\text

thereis the file "config.cdb"

what is it for? .... i think it may be the file thats stores of all the default config.pro settings.........

i guess it can't cause any problems or this would not be the first post here about it

the knowledge base on ptc.com is also no use

all help most appreciated

Dave R

DO NOT EDIT the config.cdb

this files contains all options

if you want to set up standard edit you config.pro and your config.sup(put in all option or mapkey you don t want users to override)
Edited by: jr_tyco

Dave<?:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" />
ProE read config.pro-files from tree different locations (if they exist):
1/

daver said:
hi there

i am currently setting company standards for Pro/E and have been reading lots of very helpful info on config files (.pro .win .sup ...) none of which are in the C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 2.0\text folder.
They don't exist by default. You can make them through Pro/E tools/options & tools/customize screen or with a text editor.

Absolutely do not put any mapkeys in config.sup or the first mapkey
defined will be the only one available and no others will be definable.

Similarly do not put any other configurations with potentially multiple entries like search paths into config.sup

DB

maybe i should have started a new thread... just want some opinion...

is there any standard downloadable configuration files that we can use? i'm currently running on proe2001 and planning to move to wf2... i guess it would be a big job to reconfigure all the configuration files from 2001 to wf2... i've tried to copy all my config files (config.pro&win, dtl file, color.map, syscol.scl)... and wf turn out to be very 2001.. except that not all mapkeys are executable (this is undestandable)... i sure will have to look into this at a later time....

another question is that if i do this,will all the old configurations in 2001 be valid in wf2? can the syscol.scl file be eliminated and have the options in config.pro? i'd like to put the configurations in the simplest manner so that it will be easier to manager at a later time at the same time take advantage of the features of the new version...

any feedbacks will be greatly appreciated...

rgds... ksboo

2005-08-29_153036_config.zip

Dear Daver,

In one of my former lives, we used to give the customer a copy of a config.pro file that they could customize for their own standards when we implemented the software. This file that I have attached is one such file. I would like to caution you that I have not updated the mapkey section and there maybe some settings that are not valid any more. To assist you in that task, I would like to direct you to Olaf Corten's website for a utility he has created.

go to this site http://www.proesite.com/index.html

click on the utilities link and follow through to his online utilities page. There you will find a utility for checking you config.pro.

I hope that this will help.

Best Regards,

Jo_T

Edited by: Jo_T

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back