Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Composite curve

cityjack

Last question before the weekend I promise. Thanks for all of your help. In past versions if I wanted to make a curve on an edge or a chain of edges all I did was composite, curve and start picking edges and that was it. I have no clue how to do this now. Help of course is no help. Also I am having a problem with what Pro is trying to tell me here while trying to get into a new sketch. I pick a plane, surface or create a datum on the fly to sketch on then an alternate surface to orient and that is it, I'm sketching. Now I get this dialog that tells me I have not enough references to place the sketch and it willl not let me proceed to the extrusion or cut options or whatever. What am I missing? have a good weekend all.

Sid

select the curves you want to make into a composite curve and then do a copy paste. You could alternatively just select 1 curve (down to geometry level) and then start the composite by copy paste then select the remaining curves to add.

In WF2 as least. It doesn't work so well to pick a bunch of curves first. Pick only one. type Ctrl-C Ctrl-V to start the creation of the composite curve. Once the dashboard is open, add more curves.

Edited by: gkbeer

Wouldnt know why it would not work so well in wf2?

Select your first curve or edge, then with shift and RMB toggle to get tangent or boundary chains, or with shift select the second edge or curve and repeat for the chain you want. ctrl c ctrl v approximate done

Nick

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back