Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Component Colors in Drawing

Verge

I finally got it to work!!!
smiley32.gif
There are a couple of thing that vlad forgot to mention. First, you must have the option Colors come from set to The model. Second, If your view display is set wireframe, you will not be able to see the colors. Your view must be set to hidden or no hidden. Well, that being said, thats all I got for now. Btw, I'll look into the color problem.

Omar

All right, I can make it work, although I'm not sure why, since I didn't change anything. The only thing is that I still don't have the ability to make user-defined colors. Not sure what file is being read in order to provide me with my color options. Maybe there's some add-on I don't have?

Anyone know where this info comes from?

Thanks for hanging in there with me, Omar.
smiley4.gif

I didn't forgot anything
smiley2.gif
, I didn't set the option for colors to come from model, and it doesn't matter how is your view, hidden, no hidden, wireframe...it works for each one.

You just have to follow the steps I wrote and you should be able to change the color for a component in a drawing view.

And if you can't make user-define colors, for this I have no idea. I looked in my config and the only options that I can find that are related to colors are:

color on

color_windows all windows

color_ramp_size 16

color_resolution 0.005

pro_colormap_path "put your path to a .map file" could be this one ?!?!

system_colors_file "put your path to a syscol.scl file"

vlad1979 said:
....and it doesn't matter how is your view, hidden, no hidden, wireframe...it works for each one.

Vlad,

I though these might help.
<H1>Tip: Using Model Colors in Drawings</H1>
You can toggle color display of selected views in Drawing mode between the assigned drawing colors and the colors used in the original model.
<H3>Important Points about Using Model Colors in Drawings</H3>
<UL>
<LI =kadov-p-CTopic-Text-Bulleted>
Views that are displayed in the original model colors are plotted (printed) as such.
Changing the color of individual geometry does not change the colors in views that display the original model colors.
If you change model colors in the associated model, the new model colors are updated automatically in the drawing, if you set the drawing views to use model colors.
Hidden lines in drawing views always take on the original standard hidden line color in the model.
Any assigned process assembly colors always supercede the setting for using model colors or assigned drawing colors in the drawing</LI>[/list]
By the way....You did forget to mention some things
smiley18.gif
(which I've just posted)
Omar

Well, I can change the colors, but still can't save new user-defined ones. This may or may not be an issue in the end. I may actually call the Pro-E help line on this one. Also still having trouble printing in color, but I figure this has something to do with my plotter settings or something. I use a JPG image of our logo in the title block, and it prints in color every time...

Thanks to Omar and Vlad once again.
smiley2.gif

I'll let you know the solution when I finally hit on it. Unfortunately, I haven't had much time to deal with this issue. Time constraints, after all, are what drive me to using this forum; I think some of you should receive consultant's fees from PTC.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back