Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

combined state

herb

Can anyone out there explain to me the message I get when I am placing an assembly view into a detail drawing? The message I get is: "SELECT COMBINRD STATE". The options are: "NO COMBINED STATE" or "DEFAULT ALL".
I have searched Pro/E's so called "Knowledge Base" to no avail.
Is there an option to turn this message off? Or make it default to one of the two options?

Thanks in advance

If you look at the dialog box, there is a place to "check" Do not prompt for combined state. Once this is checked, it won't ask you anymore.

appinmi,
Thanks for the response. However, when I start a new detail it askes the same question. I guess my question is, is there an option I can set that would automatically default to "NO COMBINED STATE"?

Herb

Herb,

I ran into the same issue, so I did some digging and found out youhave to firstcreate a combined state in your assembly model first. To do this, go to your View Manager, and for example, created a "simplified rep" and thencreated an "exploded state". Once you saved the model with these two view states,you canthen create a "Combined State" while in the View Manager by clicking on the "ALL" tab, and then click on "NEW" to create a Combined State "name". Then save the model again. The next time you create a drawing you will see the Combined State Name you created as a selection. Hope this makes sence...good luck.

Mikey

Wavegigger,

I think the question wasn't how to define combined state, but how to suppress the message that appears at the drawing view creation.

herb,

as I was told from our Pro/E Tech Support, this message can't be turned off, but it won't show up while in a session if you click option "Do not prompt for combined state".

But I surely hope, PTC will implement this option as config.pro setting.

skraba,

I was just responding to Herb's first question:

"Can anyone out there explain to me the message I get when I am placing an assembly view into a detail drawing? The message I get is: "SELECT COMBINRD STATE". The options are: "NO COMBINED STATE" or "DEFAULT ALL". "

As far as Herb's second question, I do not know of any way to turn this message box off.

Mikey

Can anyone out there explain to me the message I get when I am placing an assembly view into a detail drawing? The message I get is: "SELECT COMBINRD STATE". The options are: "NO COMBINED STATE" or "DEFAULT ALL".
I have searched Pro/E's so called "Knowledge Base" to no avail.
Is there an option to turn this message off? Or make it default to one of the two options?

Thanks in advance

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PwotZkmlugQ

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back