Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

CNC Machine modeling & simulation

Muhammad Ali

Hello allmembers,

I am Muhammad Ali from Pakistan. First of all, thanks to all to read my question.

My question is that how can I build a CNC Machine & simulate it within proe environment to check nc programs (cl file) to checkany colligion between machine & cutting tool.

I know that for this purpose Imust have to create all machine parts as part model. But further I have no idea to assemble these parts as a machine bymechanism.

So please any one guide me what doI do? If there is any tutorial which teach me step by step then give me the link or a file. I will be glad& thankfulfor this help.

To show machine simulation within Pro/ENGINEER you can find out what is necessary in the Help Center within Pro/ENGINEER. Basically as you stated, you create parts/assembly with mechanism type constraints and then put in some necessary coordinate systems to represent the machine zero and tool spindle. Do a search for machine simulation in the help files and you will find the content. Then you assign the machine within your Operation setup in the mfg assembly.

There is also a list of example machine setups on ptc.com, you can download the zip files of each.

If you are looking to do actual collision checking then you may need to get some additional licensing for VERICUT.

hello ali i am asif and this is my advise to u that if u want to make machine to simulate just cl file ....then there is no guarantee about ur g code files and actually u need to verify g-codes and for that u have a license of vericut where u can verify ur actual g-code files. real machine need g-code not cl.....if ur g-code and machine motion is ok in vericut machine then u dont need to worry about ur actual machine operations on machines.if u need machines simulation for professional purpose then just send me private message for build the machine either cl file simulation or g-code file simulation.

Thanks

Fisa

Hello Seth505,

I am really not able to find the examples in ptc.com.

Could you pls give me a correct link to access this.

Thanks,

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back