Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Chg Tol_display-yes/drw dims chg

tyedi

Hi,

When I changethe TOL_DISPLAYsetting in the drawing detail file (.dtl)from NO to YES, all my drawing dimensions switch from Nominal to Limits. Newly created dims display as nominal. Just the existing ones change...Has anyone encountered this before? How to I fix it, so that my default display of dimensions is Nominal?

(I'm using WildFire 2.0)

Thanks,

Di

In your config file, set Tol_display to Yes. Then set Tol_mode to Nominal or whatever you want the default to be.

I have the same problem. This has been posted before and nobody has an answer. This seems to be a Proe bug. Your solution isfineAppinmi for future drawings, but not for existing drawings that weren't created using that setting. I have drawings with hundreds of dimensions on them. The only way around this is to manual add the tolerances or print out the drawing, change your setting to yes, make all dims nominal and then go back and re-add all the original tolerances. If you drawing has no original tolerances than it is easy. Just do what I said and don't re-add anything. Tyedi is this only happening on your old pre-WF drawings?

My config files are set as appinmi suggested...which is why I am puzzled with this issue. To answer your question Dan, it is only happening with older drawings (a year or more)...can't say for sure if they were preWF because Irecently started with this company...not sure when they upgraded. Thanks for the input, guess I will just have to deal with it:)

The actual tolerance (mode and value) is actually stored within the part or assembly model at the time it is first created (e.g. in the sketcher). Whatever setting was active in the model at that time will be the setting that gets stored. The tolerance may be shown or hidden, but it is always there. Unfortunately, there is no way to globally change the mode of the tolerances in an already existing model, so you have to do it manually as has been stated above. It is not so much a bug as it is a limitation of the software.

With the new selection UI in drawings it is easy to select all dimensions and go to properties and change them to display however you want in terms of Nominal or Plus Minus etc. I've had to deal with a lot of parts made by other people as a contractor but it is not hard to change theese settings for inherited parts.

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back