Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Character inside triangle in a drafting note?

calamum

Hi all,

I've posted this inside other threads but no answer yet so I've started a new one.

Does anyone know how to create a drafting note which has a character inside a triangle? It is simple to enclose characters in a box...

I'm a new Creo user (transitioning from Solidworks) and I have to believe there is an easy way to do this.

Thanks!

&sym(triangle)

You can then edit the triangle after the note has been created. Generally, though, it prompts you for an input when you press OK on the note.

Is that what you meant?

P.S. the triangle note has to be in session in your drawing. So add it somewhere arbitrary first and THEN it will work with the &sym(triangle) note addition. Then you can delete the original arbitrary one.

I guess I'm not understanding what you mean by "the triangle note has to be in session in your drawing". I've added a note which just has "&sym(triangle)" and it prints just that. Obviously I'm not getting something...

Ah, ok. Sorry. In your drawing, go to Insert->Drawing Symbol->

And here's where it gets different. It depends if you have the triangle symbol on your palette or in some symbols directory. In case you don't have it. Here it is: View attachment triangle.zip.

So if you were to use this attachment (unzip it first, obviously), put it somewhere you remember. Then go Insert -> Drawing Symbol -> Custom. Then find that directory and that file. And then place it anywhere on your drawing. Now that you've placed it in your drawing, it is "in session" in your drawing. So now, using the same name (in this case it's "triangle"), you can input it into a note using &sym(triangle).

Does that help?

You don't even have to place the symbol in the drawing, just retrieving the symbol from disk is enough to load it's definition into the drawing.

Hey sorry for not responding earlier. This worked fine. Thanks for sending the triangle symbol and the useful instructions on how to do it!

Thanks for the correction, that's good to know. On the same subject, is there a way to set up a format such that when you create a new drawing it already has certain symbols in session?

We have a few symbols that have to go in to every drawing, but you have to manually retrieve them from the symbols directory. It would be great if the format (start drawing) stored them in session.

Since the symbols are used in every drawing, edit the format and place the symbols in the format file itself along. When you create a new drawing the symbol will already be there.

Since the symbols are used in every drawing, edit the format and place the symbols in the format file itself along. When you create a new drawing the symbol will already be there.

Does that work with formats? I know it works with drawing templates.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back