Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

changing from mm to inches

design-engine

I have a drawing in wf3.0 that contains a part in mm and the drawing is in mm. The reseller asked me to take a look to help the customer convert part and drawing to inches for some reason.

If it were me I would do the dual dimensioning so you have both becase when I change the units in the part to inch and convert where 1=25.4 then do the same in the .dtl file the part scales correctly but the drawing dims are still large. Am I corrct to assume I have to re do the drawing? I think I am missing something because if I scale this thing do I have to scale evertying even the arrowhead....

I just answered my own post again. I read in an inch dtl file. Crap I remember doing that before. silly me.

Edited by: design-engine

ok.. I ran a default .dtl file that I created from default Pro/E....wf2.0 btw and all the dimensions arrow etc worked great when converting from mm to inches. However the cross section text hight did not change.... Maybe there is a separate setting for that default hight? .... looking.... maybe I'll answer my own post again?

Try

def_view_text_height

Sets the height of text in view names used in view notes and in arrows in cross-sectional and projection detail views.

Tobyk

Option def_view_text_height is what you are thinking about but it is not retroactive so you will have to go in and manually change all the view related notes. It only controls newly created view notes.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back