Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Change RADIUS to DIAMETER dimension

jzamarr2

Hi Everyone,
I need some help with a DIMENSION callout.
I can't seem to find a way of changeing the RADIUS
dimension to a DIAMETER dimension.

Attach is a screen shot.

Thanks for your help, tony

View attachment 4986

If you are using the Show/Hide dimensions (which you should be doing) in the drawing then what you need to do is go edit the feature in the part that has that diameter/radius and re-dimension it. When dimensioning the desired feature select it twice and it will dimension it as a diameter. If you just select it once then it will dimension it as a radius. Return to the drawing and Show the dimensions again and select the new Diameter dimension.

I just wanted to let you know that we made this easier in Wildfire 5.0 (now Creo Elements Pro 5.0). You can now convert a radius dimension to a diameter and vice versa in Sketcher by selecting the dimension, RMB, and select the appropriate option.

Don

If this is a drawing placed dimension, just double click the circle and it should display as a diameter.

I've been doing the conversion exactly by double clicking the related curve. Works all the time.

How about really impressing us Creo-ians PTC...For shown dimensions, how about not making us go into sketcher to do this simple change?

The logic - you can adjust feature sizes of shown dimensions in a drawing, why notdiameter/radius?
Edited by: Richh

We used to be able to go directly into what was called redefine scheme from the drawing. I think it was on the RMB menu from any shown sketch dimension. It let you completely redefine the dimensioning scheme for a section, not just change a rad to a diameter. You did not have to go from the drawing to the part, find the feature and redefine the section and go back to the drawing like we have to do today. I think that radical productivity enhancing tool went away sometime after R20.

dr_gallup said:
We used to be able to go directly into what was called redefine scheme from the drawing. I think it was on the RMB menu from any shown sketch dimension. It let you completely redefine the dimensioning scheme for a section, not just change a rad to a diameter. You did not have to go from the drawing to the part, find the feature and redefine the section and go back to the drawing like we have to do today. I think that radical productivity enhancing tool went away sometime after R20.

sketcher_allow_redefine_scheme yes
smiley2.gif

Edited by: Richh

Richh said:
dr_gallup said:

sketcher_allow_redefine_scheme yes
smiley2.gif

What release? It's not in WF2 or WF4.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back