Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

change productview express settings

hellomoto

I often run programs by double clicking on the file i want to work on. If config properly, the associated program will run automatically. As for ProE files, they are associated with product view express. I have to right click and select open with ProE or I have to run ProE first and open the file through the main window.

In Windows folder options there are a "ton" of proe filetypes. I can change each one to open with ProE, but there are so many of em.
smiley5.gif
Is there a simple way to change the association of proE file types such that I can run ProE by double-clicking the file? Or do I have to manually change "all" the filetypes in folder options?

thx

moto

WinXP, wildfire 2.0 M070

Edited by: hellomoto

In Windows explorer, go to Tools -> Folder Options -> File Types

Select a ProE versioned file & click the Advanced button.

You will see 2 actions, Open in Pro/Engineer & View with ProductView Express

Select Open in Pro/Engineer& click the Default button - this will set Pro/Engineer to be the default program to open the file.

One thing to watch out for is the fact that it will open using the current directory as the working directory - ie. no config.pro, config.win, etc.
I created a batch file to set my working directory, & open the file in Pro/Engineer

c:
cd \Wildfire
"C:\Program Files\proeWildfire 2.0\bin\proe.exe" %*

where c:\wildfire is the directory where I store my config files.

Then Edit the Open with Pro/Engineer & change the file used to open it to the batch file.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back