Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Change detail view boundary thickness?

adfteh

Hello all. First off, the users at my company are all using Wildfire 2.0, build M130 and Intralink 3.3, build M022. My question is this: in a drawing, is it possible to change the THICKNESS of the detail view boundary circle on the parent view? Not the line style of the detail view boundary or the spline but the THICKNESS of the boundary line on the parent view where the detail is called out? I see the drawing setup file option "detail_circle_line_style" which we currently have set to "phantomfont" and that's fine. But every time the drawing is printed out, the boundary line comes out thin. I've been tasked with finding a way to make it thicker/bolder so it stands out more on a printed drawing. Is there another option in the drawing setup file that controls this? I'm fairly certain that the color of the boundary is controlling the thickness that it is printed out but I can't simply select the boundary line to change the color. What's aPro-Euser to do?! Any help/suggestions/workarounds are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Edited by: adfteh

try changing pen table settings to:

pen 1 thickness .015 in; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 2 thickness .010 in; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 3 thickness .015 in; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 3 pattern .05 .025 in

pen 4 thickness .001 in; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 5 thickness .002 in; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

pen 6 thickness .002 in; color 0.0 0.0 0.0

or changing the color of the circle to a color that prints heavier (IE yellow)

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back