Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

chamfer

herb

I have a 1/4" thick plate 12" long. I want to make a 1/8 x 1/8 chamfer 4" long.
I'm not seeing how to set a length on the chamfer. What am I missing?
Creo 3.0 M030

Thanks,
Herb Spaulding
Miller Industries

Assuming the dialogs are the same, place a point or points along the edge you want to chamfer and modify it using the transitions button setting the ends to stop at the point or points.

Needing the ends to sweep out doesn't mean a chamfer can't be used there are ways to get the end geometry you want. Whether to use a chamfer feature or a cut would seem to me to be user preference.

Not to mention that a cut is only one feature vs. two for a point and a chamfer. BTW, the spell checker in the reply box doesn't know how to spell chamfer. I guess I'm not the only one - I keep wanting to spell it champher.

You can make it a single feature as long as you define the datum point in the context of the chamfer (with the datum menu on the right). In this way you'll have just one entry in the model tree, and you'll be able to edit both chamfer AND datum point when selecting the "edit" button from the context menu.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back