Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Chamfer Dimensions

ddurden

Okay, this will be simple for someone, but I need the help.

I've got a model with several chamfers. I'm doing the print now, and I
had Pro/E put in the dimensions for me. For one chamfer, it did the regular
chamfer dimension (0.053 and 45 degrees). The other chamfers all have dimensions
for the angle and a seperate dimension for the length of the offset.

How
do I dimension a chamfer manually to have it put in the x" and 45 degrees as one
entry?

Cool . . . if I can do it! :)

Honestly, I don't know how to GET the dimension except to have Pro/E do it automatically. How do I dimension a chamfer without doing 2 dimensions?

Thanks for the help!

Yeah, that's what most people do. I'm learning that. :)

IS there a way, though, to recreate that auto-dimensioning type of thing that Pro/E gives chamfers?

I would just like to know who at PTC decided that "D X D" was the default style for chamfer dimensions, so I can send them hate mail.

Butch101,

When it comes to sheet metal and general metal parts, that is the most common type of chamfer used (ie cheapest for a machineshop)

Kev

butch101,

Set your config option default_chamfer_scheme to 45xd. Then when you create a chamfer, it will default to 45xd.

markp said:
butch101,

Set your config option default_chamfer_scheme to 45xd. Then when you create a chamfer, it will default to 45xd.

markp,

What version of ProE are you using, I can't seem to find that config option

Kev

PS I am assuming that it is a WF3 thing

I am using Wildfire 2. I should have mentioned that it is a hidden config option. Just add "default_chamfer_scheme 45xd" to your config file.

prohammy said:
Butch101,

When it comes to sheet metal and general metal parts, that is the most common type of chamfer used (ie cheapest for a machineshop)

Kev

Unbelievable......

I post this and the very next chamfer I do is 10 x 30 degrees. Thus proving that the world can truly be a pain in the a*$e

Kev

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back