Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

challenge

Israr ur model is awesome. looks like a deep sea mine though.

what process of manufacture would you use for that ?

Hello guys

I am unnable to see (open) the file of Israr. I use WF 2 andI follow this toppic since the beginning with great interrest. I managed to downloaded and openedthe file of pedja666, but not yours "2005-02-03_205650_NEWBALL". I do not why?????

Could you help me.

Thanks and I find you are great and skills users of Pro/E. I can learn a lot from you as a mid term user.

beam

I am sorry Israr,but cannot agree that your solution is superior. Your solution is more simple because you always keep 3 vertical lines of the extrusions no matter what the number of the instances is. You will agree that is more difficult to achieve equal number of instances and the spacing in both directions; horizontal and vertical.(See picture)

View attachment 627

Puppet,

Not all the models made in ProE are meant for manufacturing. It was just a challenge and I had a solution and wanted to compare my solution to others.

Israr

Marv,

Both solutions are available for download from the Files section of this forum.

Israr
Edited by: Israr

i cant figure out how to do a composite curve in 2.0. If anyone has the silver ball w/ the multiple protrusions patterned not just the one row plz send.

can anybody tell me watz the need of composite curve?,and how to draw it?

how to create a patteren following a curve.

thanking u

regards

leenus

Hi Israr

Can u design a mold?? If yes I had a problem and u can solve it or any here!!!

Zaki

leenus2b said:
can anybody tell me watz the need of composite curve?,and how to draw it?

how to create a patteren following a curve.

thanking u

regards

leenus

I have an AVI file. Unfortunately it is 2.5 MB. You will also find a solution in PTC's technical support. Search for "patterning along datum curve" or Just "Patterning".

i'm having trouble with the pattern relations, can anyone help me w/ how to do it? I keep getting errors and i'm not sure how to apply these relations

"1-d94=d94" d4 = first dtm pnt

"2-d94=1/p95" p95 is pattern instances

ok..got the relations...but i now see this method isnt solving he problem of evenly spacing pts on teh surface of a sphere.

This problem can be compared to having a N amount of electrons on the surface of a metallic sphere with diameter D. The electrons would naturally displace themselves to maximize distance between each other.If i knew the math i'd like to generate matlab code for datum evenly spaced along the surface and simply import them. Any ideas!?!?!?
Edited by: Marv

HI all,

Interesting topic discussed here. I understand how to make the protrusion around the ball using the pattern feature and an axis. Does anyone know how you can do it to cover evenly around the entire ball?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back