Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

centripetal force

rework

I have been studying how Mechanism Dynamicshandles centripetal force and their moments. The value of the centripetal force is correct. But it gives an incorrect moment at at connection reaction measure. If one drops the density of the rotating part to zip, and places a force at the part CG with a value of the centripetal force, the moment comes out correct. This is critical in my case, where I am balancing a mechanism. Is this a defect in the code, or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for looking ---- Rework

Rework here --- I have discovered my error --- Pro-e is correct. The phenomenon (to me) is this: I am working with a rectangular block with an attached shaft, the shaft pinned to a base, so it is a crank. If I look at the part as a shaft with the block, I get a mass and a CG. Rotating this around the shaft centerline, I get a centripetal force value.Now, if I split the "crank" into two parts; the block and the shaft, obviously the shaft has zero centripetal force. The block, it turns out, has the same value of centripetal force as the whole part, but the force line of action is thru the center(CG) of the block. This is how Pro-E figures it, which is correct! What is the principle here? Seems to be simple in this case, but how do you figure out the correct line of action in more complicated cases?

Rework

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back