Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

centre of gravity symbol - parametric

harichennai

Hi all,

I ve made a point at the centre of gravity of a large assembly..

i want to place the centre of gravity symbol at this point in drawing parametrically,

so when this point changes, the symbol in drawing also is updated to align ..

Thanks!

PS: I had created the COG point by a relation and analysis feature in the model.

I'm just curious why did you made a relation for that COG point. If you make a analysis to calculate the mass and add itas feature in model tree then that feature has an option to make a pointwhere the COG is.

vlad,

I first did it as u said, its not creating any point in the end of analysis, so i used the result parameters in the analysis like XCOG, YCOG...and called in the relation against the point's dimensions..

you have to add the analysis in model tree, there is a button add feature

then right click in model tree on the analysis / redefine and in this window go to result datums / pnt_cog and click on yes

View attachment 3327

harichennai said:
vlad,

I first did it as u said, its not creating any point in the end of analysis, so i used the result parameters in the analysis like XCOG, YCOG...and called in the relation against the point's dimensions..

Follow Vlad's instructions. But turn on Datum Point in the model to see PNT_COG.
The same point will show in the drawing in any view angles.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back