Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Can the message area be moved in WF5?

jeff toff

Hi All,

Can the message area (information lines) be moved to the bottom of screen in WF5 like other versions?

Jeff Toff

All of the feedback I'veheard from other usersis that in 5 it can't be moved.I can't honestly speak for whether or notthisis still the casein any of thecurrentmaintenance releases.

I'm on WF4, and I just moved mine to the top of the screen. Becauseof this change they madeI think PTC is up tosomething, and I am preparing myselffor what lies ahead.

It has taken me at least acouple ofweeks now to get comfortable with thedashboard / message areabeingat the top of the screen. You wouldn't think this minor change would be such a big deal, but it sure was for me. My projects have suffereddue to the loss ofspeed and not to mentionsomeadded frustration.This movehasreally surprised me in just how much of a creature of habbit I really am.

We are alllike cows that walk thesame cow path over and over again... we like consistency.

I can learn to walk on a different path as long as it is the result of an intelligent decision. Move that cow path too many times,with no good reason for doing so,andinstead of going into the PTC barnI might just end up in the Dassault Systemes barn...
smiley15.gif

Yes,

Use Tools Customize Screen just as it's always been.

I think its on the Browser or Options Tab

Michael

I moved the dashboard up top as soon as I installed WF1. Didn't like having most controls & menus up top (plus the RH & LH side toolbars) and then the dashboard at bottom. My mouse was traveling all over the screen, it was too much. Moving the dashboard/message area up helped a lot.

The only downside was the dashboard drop downs obscured teh model tree, so I moved the model tree to the right and that fixed it.

I asked PTC, they told me the dashboard was locked to the top and it can't be moved anymore in WF5. It can be moved in all versions up to WF4.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back