Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

can’t make solid

this is more than can be discussed on a forum i think.

The process for working with IGES geometry is and can get complex as there are many techniques and methodologies for managing that data. For example there is even a technique for making iges geometry parametric. I do offer a 2 day class (cant resist the plug) for managing 3d iges data in 'Pro/E edit definition' mode.

[url]http://www.proetools.com/courses/pro_surface/advanced_import .htm[/url]

This advanced import class covers the basics or using the import doctor... you can probably figure it out on your own. If you do realize that you can rebuild geometry inside the 'iges edit definition' functions or after you exit the feature. You have ISDX like tools inside there in WF4.0 ... even the icons look the same. If you don't have surfacing experience or at least a 2 day class in surfacing this tools and functions will not make sense or worse could blow you mind.

The second part of this class focuses on making the import geometry parametric and offers techniqes to do so. The car like feature in the image is from a NASCAR Ford Truck import BTW
Edited by: design-engine

What version of Pro/E is the attachment, sport?

If it's later than WF2 posta neutral,preferably the oneyou imported, and I'll take a look.

"What version of Pro/E is the attachment, sport?"
Wildfire 4.0, F000 cracked version by Wisdom Systems
smiley4.gif

Dear chetanbhungani

You see WF4 help ( import date doctor ) its very nice.
I think its very helpful.

Thanks

Sarwat

Granite neutral.
Don't they teach you guys anything? ;^)
Look up ATB for some interesting stuff.

Cracked? Maybe. Maybe not.
[url]http://stuff.mit.edu/afs/athena/software/ptc_vwfire/distrib/ ptc/proeWildfire/text/startupwis.txt [/url]
(after eight years of GWB I have trouble sweating the small stuff anyway)

2008-12-24_180903_200812240733--wf2--.prt.zip
would take longer to describe than it did to do. Typical edge clean
up, vertex alignment, untrim, retrim, etc. No indiscriminate 'auto'
stuff that's likely to make a mess of things. Rhino's forum is a good
place to learn the fundamentals of b-rep modeling and model repair.
The buttons differ but the concepts are the same and they won't try to
sell you a kinderCAD class half way around the world. The interface
changes, WF2 to WF4, are probably so extensive that any explanation I
give wouldn't help anyway. Maybe someday Pro/E will have a forum that's
as good.

Dear Jeff4136,
Thanking u a lot. Really it has worked. It is a dream for me that it is now converted to solid. Thax a lot again. Now I am out of deadline from my project.

thanx

-> Don't they teach you guys anything?
Thats why I'm here. it's alot sweeter when i discover something myself (with the help of you guys).
I've never seen anybody using ProE here! (Thats wired) they either use solidworks or catia. also many companies here, use mechanical desktop
smiley11.gif
(god rest his soul).

Edited by: solidworm

Many of the European Union manufactures use Catia because those companies were early adopters purchasing quantaties of high end software in the mid 80's before pro/ENGINEER was on the scene.

Fiat engineers wanted to purchase CASE Corp so badly because they used Pro/ENGINEER and Fiat had strong ties with the CATIA IBM purchases before the mid 80's.

yeah, wide use of catia here, is perhaps because of the ties auto industry has with European car makers like peugeot.and MDT was the natural choice of autocad users for 3d in the past.

Edited by: solidworm

dear rmatija,
thanx for your part in wf3. One thing I would really know that you guys how quickly you made this, it is amazing for me. Kindly let me know the techniques. thanx. this is my email address: [email protected]

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back