Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Can’t linear pattern lofts

kilgore trout

Start with a solid box.
On one side of the box I add a protrusion using extrusions an and a boss loft.

I want a linear array of the protrusion I just created so I Insert/Pattern/Linear Pattern and select the features used.

I can see the preview of the pattern but when i click the accept check I get a pop up error message saying "rebuild errors - unable to create contour geometry. Please check the loft section"

Is the Loft Feature Merged?
Linear feature patterns require feature selected to be merged in order to pattern.

Or you can try using Geometry Pattern option checked or unchecked. Look at the suppounding geometry and be sure the patterned feature does not create any open faces on the geometry that would make an invalid solid body.

Typically you should always use geometry pattern except for when it won't work in order to speed rebuild times. Body pattern will pattern the entire loft feature geometry including any cuts chamfers fillets created before the Pattern Feature. After patterning, you can merge the bodies together with a Combine Feature.

We could give more direct help if you attached the file or sample file. But you probably have confidentiality rules so that's probably not advisable

Michael

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back