Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

C.G Position

ashish44

Hi to everyone,

The model is an assembly of sheetmetal and solid model.

I want to calculate the c.g of themodel.In the analysis-> mass properties->it use to show the c.g. But it get changed when i change the reference pt.

I want tocalculate the c.g then how should i calculate.

Plz help me out in this. as early as possible

Hi Ashish,

Please use the analysis feature and create either a co-ordinate system or a datum point at the C.G. of the assembly. You should be carefull iojn selecting the reference co-ordinate system and should be a co-ordinate system defined at assembly level or belongs to a part which you are not going the delete or replace it with another one.

Regards,

Anand

Thank you anand,

But i already made the assembly and i m confuse which one was my reference pt among all points, is their any method to find c.g

will c.g will be automatically by system

When the analysis feature (your CG datum point) is created, be sure to give it a name. That name will show up on screen so you can easily identify the point you are looking for.

Ashish

Each time you regen, the c of g is calculated automatically. This is how it has been done it the past.

From the default csys in the assembly, create a new csys and offset it in a positive X, Y and Zdirection. Create a relation in the assembly using the following format :

d1 = PRO_MP_COGX

d2 = PRO_MP_COGY

d3 = PRO_MP_COGZ

This should move the c of g csys each time you regen.

In addition to Jodster's post above, the relations should look like this:

$d1 = PRO_MP_COGX

$d2 = PRO_MP_COGY

$d3 = PRO_MP_COGZ

The $ allows the dimension to take on a negative value and ensures that you end up with the correct cg

Msummers

I just regenerated the part and the csys updated no problem. It was not very much so it wasn't very apparent.

To make it more obvious, try to change the diameter of the hole to 6

Humm, still not working for me.When I go to ANALYSIS-MODEL-MASS PROPERTIES, I get the updated CG temporarily on the screen, but then when I leave the dialog box, CSYS and CG coordinate systems are at the same location.

I am running Wildfire3, could that be it, or maybe a CONFIG.PRO setting?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back