Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Broken View Section Arrows in Wrong Place

Jmarlow

I have a broken view and a projection view from that broken view that is a cross-section. When I insert the cross-section arrows into the broken view, Pro/E places them outside the boundary of the broken view. The location of the cross-section arrows would be correct if the broken view was not broken, but it is. Is this a bug that has been fixed with an update? I am currently running Wildfire 2.0 F000. Yes, I know, this is the first iteration of Wildfire 2.0 andis probably the most unstable. Or is there a"dtl" setting? Any suggestions?

ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT SOMETHING LIKE THIS OR A PRO-E ERROR THROWING THE ARROW BELOW THE PART OR IN THE MIDDLE

View attachment 1807

the section above showng is exactly where the section I-I is taken
Edited by: megaladon

How are you posting the images? I see the upload image icon, but all the images I create are beyond the upload file size capacity.

Say you have a tube that is 100 feet long with a plate welded to each end. You create a broken view so you don't have to use a small scale to get the whole weldment onto the sheet. Then you create a projection view from that broken view. You make the projection view a section view. The section view is of the end of the long tube thru the plate to show the welding procedure. Now when you go to place the cross-section arrows into the broken view, it places them 100 feet outside the broken view. If I change the broken view to a standard general full view, Pro/E locates the arrows correctly. I do not know how else to explain without showing a picture, which I am having troubles getting a jpg below 50kb.

It appears to me that Pro/E is not recognizing the view that I want to place the section arrows in as a broken view and is generating the placement of the arrows based on where they would go if the view was a general full view.

Yes, that is what I am referring to. I have a cross-section on each end of the weldment since both sides are different.Therfore, one set of arrows is fine, but the other is wrong. Section A-A arrow should show where the cross-section was taken.

View attachment 1811

No. The cross-section is identical to section B-B, which is on the opposite side. As you can see, the section B-B arrows are located properly. However, Pro/E does not put the section A-A arrows thru the location where the cross-section was taken because the view is broken. If I unbreak the view, both sets of cross-section arrows are in the correct location.

After placing the arrows, did you try View/Update/current sheet? It might move the arrows to the right place.

Laughs..Yes. That was the first thing I tried. It must be a
bug with Pro/E. This isn't the first time this has happened to
me. One of the more current builds may have corrected for this
error. Thanks anyway.

I am certain I picked the view to the right where the broken arrows
should be. I will double check this again on Monday though.
That would make sense if I accidentally picked the left view.
However, I am fairly certain I did pick the view to the right of the
two because the same thought went thru my mind. Good reply
regardless. I will update with a response Monday.

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back