Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

Braid model

kennpy,

I am trying to play with your model. Varying the pattern number from 5 to 4, there is an overlapping of extruded sweep (which is independent from the wave amplitude). I have changed the period from 5 to 4, but there are still problems. Where do I need to add the offset value?

Secondly, I have noticed some straigth axis starting from the ends of each thread. It is possible to highlight them? And would it be possible to make a section?

Thanks!

bromissimo, the examples I've done are quick and dirty to show the principles only. You're right, in the first example it'll only work for odd numbers of weave because the first shape is 'mirrored', if I was doing this for real all the variables would be built in. I can only spend my breaks on this forum, I've got paid work to do as well!!

Hi all,

I am still working on braid models and I still need your help!

I need to realise a 3-filaments braid. It seems very simple (it can be it actually), but I find this difficult.
Using the previous relations, a filament just rotates around the braid axis, but for a 3-filaments braid they don't work.
Can anyone help me please?

Thank you!

Hi all,

after couple of days I finally got it. This is the snapshot of the "pigtail" braid.

<div style="text-align: center;">View attachment 5313
<div style="text-align: left;">
Still need to find the parametric/mathematical equation for 2x2 architecture (the one shown in the above post).
I am waiting for some suggestions about.

Thanks all.
</div>

</div>

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back