Continue to Site

Welcome to MCAD Central

Join our MCAD Central community forums, the largest resource for MCAD (Mechanical Computer-Aided Design) professionals, including files, forums, jobs, articles, calendar, and more.

bracket fixed on a tube

Juju

I have some difficulties in analysing a bracket fixed on a tube.

In the reality, thebracket is welded to the tube. The stress in the weld is not my main interest, I just want the connection to be realistic.

Which connection should I use ? (I tried perimeter weld, spot weld, but I always have some stress concentration).

If possible, I would like the tube to be a shell, except if stress concentration cannot be avoided with such a idealization.

Thank you in advance for your help.

if your joint looks like a flat plate tangent to a cylinder, you're just going to piss off mechanica

so far, not that i'm any expert, but the more simple you can make your geometry the better your luck will be.. not knowing what your models look like, i can only guess, but i'd skip the whole weld joint thing, and model the entire block as a part and make an obvious intersection between your bracket and tube

i guess if you placed a capital O on top of a capical T, you would extrude the top of the T into the O to eliminate the tangent boundary between the two

that make any sense? i am not the best artist in text, maybe you can post a pic?

Sponsor

Articles From 3DCAD World

Back